Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Basic Schedule These Days

Because I will look back at these days and wonder what it was like, I better record it. Here is a basic day for baby G these days:

5:30-6:30 am 
Wake up sometime in this general time frame. The time does not seem to be dependent on what time he went to bed or whether he woke up during the night. I go into his room and nurse him in the rocking chair when he wakes up. Sometimes one or both of us fall back asleep for a bit. (If it's one, it's me.)

6:30-7:30 am
If it's a work day, Mama gets herself ready for work and gets G ready for daycare. Then we drive to daycare.

8:00 am
Eat a Stage 2 fruit or veggie with some oatmeal or rice cereal mixed in

9:00 am
Drink an 8 oz bottle

9:00-11:00 am
Sometimes G takes a nap in the morning, but he usually skips it when he's at daycare. If he does take a morning nap, it's usually for about 40 minutes.

11:00 am
Eat a Stage 2 fruit or veggie with some oatmeal or rice cereal mixed in

12:00 noon
Drink an 8 oz bottle

1:00-3:00 pm
G usually takes a nap in the afternoon. At daycare, they tend to be around 2 hours. At home, they tend to be shorter. (No, my baby does not know that he is a baby.)

4:00 pm
Drink an 8 oz bottle

4:45 pm
On work days, this is about the time I pick G up from daycare. Then we go home and play for a little while.

6:00 pm
Eat a Stage 2 fruit, veggie, meat, or mixed food. Sometimes I mix in oatmeal or rice cereal, and sometimes he eats half of a second tub of food.

7:00 pm
Bath, bottle (usually about 4 oz), read (a) book(s), and lights out while we rock for a minute and sing a lullaby. Then into bed by about 7:30 pm. Usually, there is little to no fussing when I put him in his bed. Last night he even chattered to himself for a bit before drifting off.

Lately he's been sleeping through the night. Sometimes he cries out for a minute, but puts himself back to sleep. I haven't gone in to help him in about a week.

Now, as soon as I can start putting myself to bed earlier...


No comments:

Post a Comment