Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

What a Wonderful World

There are so many moments when I really wish I had a camera crew following me around all the time. Like for all of Gabriel's "firsts" or when Justin slid across the floor in his socks and almost fell on his face. Hee hee. Or today in the car with Gabriel.

When I picked him up from school today, I helped him get into the car, and when I came around to get in the driver's seat, he was singing "What a Wonderful World."

I see trees of breeve
Red roses too
I see them blue
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world....


He kept going (with his own lyrics), and I thought he might like to listen to it in the car, so I downloaded from iTunes and hooked it up to the MP3 player. He listened for a few moments, and then told me that it was a different version of the song than the one they listen to at school. The one at school has a girl singing. And by the way, why is he singing like that?

And then he tried to sing like Louis Armstrong. Oh. Em. Gee. Where was my camera crew?!!!!!! That was one of the funniest things ever. :)

I'm sure you'll agree that they look alike and therefore must sound alike:

For your listening pleasure:

2 comments:

  1. When he comes of age, show him the brilliant 1995 Terry Gilliam film Twelve Monkeys. The use of "What a Wonderful World" over the end credits roll is so, so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be a while before Twelve Monkeys is appropriate viewing. :)

    ReplyDelete