Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

Counting for Sheep (and Mouse and Bunny)

Gabriel couldn't quite make himself stay in bed tonight. I went back in his room with him, gave him a stuffed mouse, a bunny, and an elephant and told him they needed to know how to count to 100. 

I told him to hold his mouse, tell mouse how to count to 100, and then put mouse on the floor. I told him to count slowly so mouse could understand. Then he should hold bunny, tell bunny how to count to 100, and put bunny on the floor. Then elephant. 

I was hoping that counting to 100 three times would lull him to sleep. But I think he took his job too seriously. He popped back out of his room in just a few minutes to report that he had finished his counting. 

So I handed him several more animals and told him to count for each of them, too. 

I guess it worked? 


There are a bunch of animals on the floor and a sleeping boy in the bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment