Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

Quite the Character


Gabriel has been at a different school/daycare for August. He's transitioned over there pretty well so far. 

I tend to ask him a lot of questions after picking him up. I guess he gets pretty annoyed some days. Like today.

He was telling me about some awesome stuff they did.

Me: What did you do today?

"Mom, first we had snack. Then we had cupcakes. Then we had snow cones and then we watched a movie!"

Me: Wow! That sounds like a lot of sugar.

"The man put the white stuff in the cup, and then the kids got to do the juice. The teachers didn't even do it. Most kids got mystery flavor, but I was afraid it wouldn't be my favorite, so I got watermelon."

Me: And you had cupcakes,too?

"Grayson got to pick which one he wanted, but other kids didn't get to pick because it was celebrating Grayson's last day at school. He got a blue one with no sprinkles."

Me: What color did you get?

"I had green with no sprinkles. And then we had snow cones, and then we watched a movie."

Me: What movie did you watch?

"Madagascar. Wait. It was the one with the zebra and the lion and the hippo and the giraffe. Is that Madagascar?"

Me: Yep. That's Madagascar.

"Yeah. That's what it was."

Me: That sounds like an awesome day. Is there anything that could possibly make today even better?

"If you would stop talking."

...

Y'all. He didn't even miss a beat when I asked him. Not even half a beat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment